Research is part of our process of developing work. All projects proceed to some degree as a process of enquiry. We have initiated projects as research. Most recently Glastonbury Instant City and CIAM6 Cities Re-imagined. We are interested in pursuing research that asks questions about how we imagine spaces and futures, how we relate to history and the environment and how we create agency for citizens.
We have created exhibitions, conferences and publications for a wide variety of audiences and situtations. We have designed exhibitions for Tate Britain, the Victoria & Albert Museum, The Centre for Contemporary Arts in the Natural World (CCANW), the National Portrait Gallery, The Architecture Foundation and Bridgwater Arts Centre.
… … …
Talks and Publications include:
- 2019 – Routledge – Glastonbury Instant City: Spatial Practices – Modes of Action and Engagement in the City,
- 2018 – Competition Culture in Europe: Voices, Project Compass for the Venice Biennale
- 2017 – West Country Modern: Reinterpreting Modernism for the 21st Century, The Arnolfini, Bristol
- 2017 – Alison and Peter Smithson: Ideas, Impact, Architecture, Bath University
- 2016 – CIAM6, Making Places: A toolkit for relationship-based place making, MELA
- 2010 – CABE: Making Competitions Work.
- 2010 – CABE: Creating Excellent Buildings.
- 2007 – CCANW: Inspiring Futures, European Timber Architecture for the 21st Century.
- 2007 – CABE: Actions for Housing Growth.
- 2006 – CABE Space: It’s our space, a guide for community groups.
- 2001 – Ellipsis: This is what we do, a muf primer.
… … …