CIAM6 Cites Reimagined was an exhibition, schools program and conference developed for Bridgwater Arts Centre in the Autumn of 2017.
This project celebrated the seventieth anniversary of the Congress International d’Architecture Moderne held at Bridgwater Arts Centre in 1947. The original congress acted as a catalyst for eighty seven international architects, writers and design thinkers to engage in dialogue about the future shape of cities after the devastation of the second World War – in rustication away from the distractions of the city’ so that they could return to their mission to – work for the creation of a physical environment that will satisfy man’s emotional and material needs and stimulate his spiritual growth.
The project was supported by:
- The Heritage Lottery Fund
- Bridgwater District Council
- Somerset District Council
- Knightstone Housing
- RIBA Somerset
- The Heritage Lottery
If you are interested in contributing to the project archive please do get in contact. For further information visit: http://www.ciam6.co.uk
- Exhibition design / conference / curation: Juliet Bidgood A+U
- Exhibition graphics / signage: Carl Middleton for Neat – http://www.neatdesign.org
- Photography: Charlie Granger